3rd Global Climate Policy Conference (GCPC)
‘Implementing the Paris Agreement. New Research Solutions for Developing Countries’
The Paris Agreement reached at COP21 in December 2015 was a key milestone in fighting climate change. But much support is still needed to help developing countries explore new ideas and approaches to implement their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs). The GCPC will provide a platform where climate policy makers and international researchers can meet to explore options, suing a mix of bottom-up approaches – developed by the research community – and top-down approaches from the policy community.
After JET's Presentation they came out with the way forward after conference where by the following points addressed:-
1. Include in research at the grass root levels
2. Incorporate Climate Change issues in the education curriculum at all levels
3. Introduce Climate Change Act in Countries across Africa
4. Reinforce Climate Change Policies and Laws through good governance
5. Involve people participation
in decision making forums on climate change
6. Media Engagement in dissemination of Information on Climate Change and existing policies.